Coach Raffield earns Dave Campbell’s 6A coach of the week

Coach+Raffield+celebrates+a+touchdown+against+Cy+Ranch.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Raffield celebrates a touchdown against Cy Ranch.

Allie Thome

Allie Thome

Allie Thome

Millan Jain, Reporter

The varsity football team remains undefeated at 4-0, with their most recent win over Cy Ranch 48-14. Following the 38-0 win over Cy Springs win on Friday, Sept. 13, head coach David Raffield won Dave Campbell’s Texas 6A Coach of the Week. 

In just three years, Raffield and his program are being recognized at the state level. This is the first year that Bridgeland High School has seniors. He compliments his staff and his players for all the hard work they’ve put in.

Aniyah Steele
Coach Raffield during an interview last season with KUBE.

“It has nothing to do with me, it’s about what we are building here,” Raffield said. 

Raffield sets a high standard for this team as they are more experienced compared to last year. He focuses on the little things and trying not to take short cuts in anything the team does. 

“We said we would do things our way, we would keep a high standard, we are not going to take shortcuts and we are going to do things right,” Raffield said. 

His players also commend him for being an incredible coach. He’s described by junior defensive back Kamren Amao as a coach who focuses on small details and helps the team get 1% better every day. And to sophomore wide receiver Andrew Maleski, all of Raffield’s behind the scenes work is starting to show.

“Coach Raffield runs a really good program, we work really hard,” Maleski said. “Just from the off-season it shows that it’s paying off.”

So far after four weeks, things have gone in favor of the Bears but a tough task is ahead as Bridgeland faces a strong opponent in Cy Woods at Cy-Fair FCU Stadium on Friday, September 27 at 7 p.m. for their Forthcoming game.