Cosmetology to host princess spa day

Maxx Mcglory, Reporter

Eden Davila

For 4 to 12-year-old girls dreaming of being a princess for a day, Cosmetology will host their second annual  princess spa day with hair and nail appointments on October 12, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the campus cosmetology room 1832. Students feel that this event will help with young girls’ self-esteem.

“We get to practice skills with real people, it helps us feel like a real salon, and helps every little girl feel like a princess and their self-esteem,” senior, Faith Herbert said.

To attend the spa day, the new princesses and their parents will  pay $15 at the receptionist desk where then they can get checked in so they can get assigned to a cosmetologist. This will help raise money for cosmetology allowing for the students to pay for things needed in the classroom such as nail polish, hair essentials and etc. 

Alongside the makeover, the spa day will feature the cosmetology room fully decorated for the princesses while having fun and games with a photo booth to free door prizes. 

For some students this is more than just a credit- to some it’s a way to help young girls achieve their dreams and, according to Herbert,  “To make them feel super proud of themselves even when they have bad days.”