Bridgeland Student Media launches new app

Steps to download and how the new platform enhances student engagement

The Bridgeland Student Media newspaper staff initiated a version of their online newspaper in app format Tuesday, November 14 in hopes to garner more attention to their publication’s work and incorporate new elements into their reporting.

With the app, users can receive notifications when a new story is posted or follow certain reporters and sections. The platform also makes it easier for users to interact with content, for commenting and liking is now at a touch of a button. Articles of interest can now be saved to the “Saved” section of the homepage so users can save a story that catches their eye for later or favorite a story to read again and again.

The extension of BSM’s website has a “SportsCenter” section that puts all upcoming Bridgeland sports’ games, rosters, scores and standings in one place. By having a “one-stop shop” for everything Bear athletics, BSM is trying to improve the experience for sports fans and bring more attention to all Bridgeland sports.

Download the app today to have unique content at your fingertips and support student journalism!

How to download (applies for both Apple and Android users):

1.) Search “Student News Source” in the App Store. Download the application. It should look like this:

2.) Open the application. When asked to select a school, choose “Bridgeland High School”.

3.) All stories and content are ready to be engaged with.