The Student News Site of Bridgeland High School

The Bridge

The Bridge

The Bridge

Hidden gems

Top five places in Cypress that scream zen
Safa Warsi
A stunning view of the relaxing sunsets over Josey Lake

The consuming stress of upcoming tests, school-related assignments and personal relationships can become a burden. It may become necessary for one to get out of the house and explore the world around them to escape the pressure of daily life. This article explores activities ranging from places to spend time with friends to reading books at a coffee shop which can take one’s mind off of the day-to-day workload.

Let’s talk about nature. Nature is a way for many to reflect upon themselves and work on their physical and spiritual health. Josey Lake Park is a great place to view wildlife and lavishing sunsets. It is one of the main parks within Bridgeland and has a beautiful nature scheme, especially because of the Bird Sanctuary where one can enjoy encounters with several animals. The Bird Sanctuary is at the end of a bridge which provides one the opportunity to take in gorgeous views of the lake and greenery. In the evening, the red-orange sun hovers over Josey Lake, creating a surreal sight to see.

Another park perfect for de-stressing that is close to the Fairfield area is Ten Acre Park. It is a large park that has a number of benches scattered around, making it a perfect place to sit down and read a book. Since Ten Acre is an older park, it has elegant trees that surround the walkway, home to several animals that create a shady area hidden from the Texas sun. This allows for a pleasant experience, allowing one the opportunity to lay on a blanket in the shade.

Moving onto the indoor places, Craft Coffee is a local coffee shop surrounded by modern and rustic aesthetics, creating a warm ambiance for people to enjoy. These pieces achieve a cohesive look, allowing one to take in the farmhouse-inspired furniture and indulge in the warmness of their surroundings.

For the tea drinkers, an alternative indoor place to relax is Tea Bear. It is an aesthetic boba shop that has a little study spot located in the back. The shop has several board games to interact with as well, creating an engaging environment. This makes it a great place to bring friends and enjoy a peaceful Saturday afternoon. The aesthetically pleasing environment of Tea Bear makes it a perfect place to take Instagram-worthy pictures as well.

Last but not least, for book lovers, the Lone Star Library is a great place to relax. It has comfortable seating areas and large windows to let the natural light in, creating a cozy, educational environment with a plethora of books to choose from. The library is an excellent choice if one wants to grab a book from a shelf and get lost within the pages.

Whether it is the presence of nature, aesthetic coffee shops or the calmness of a library that brings a person joy, it is important to venture out into the world and find that sense of relief. Sometimes something as small as a walk in the park, a warm cup of coffee or an interesting book can be a surreal escape from reality.