The Student News Site of Bridgeland High School

The Bridge

The Bridge

The Bridge

In my Eras era

The Taylor Swift effect

Since the announcement of tThe “Eras Tour” on November 1st, 2022 on social media, a wave of admiration for Taylor Swift has flooded society. Taylor Swift has become the world’s highest-grossing female touring act alongside, along with the most streamed female act globally. She is the only artist to have received more than 200 million streams in one day and the first woman performer to reach 100 million monthly listeners. The “Eras Tour” takes fans on a journey through Swift’s entire career. No matter what age the fans may be, the tour gives them the chance to re-experience the music they love so much.

“The ‘Eras Tour’ changed my life,” junior Elizabeth Valdez said. “It made me emotional thinking about growing up with Taylor and her career, and [I’m so] proud to see where she is today.”

It’s been a long time coming since fans have last seen Taylor Swift in concert. Fans had a blank space in their lives until Swift enchanted them with new songs and appearances. Many of Taylor Swift’s fans are highschoolers, so getting to grow up with Taylor Swift’s songs has been enchanting and beautiful.

“The tour has made me so happy,” senior Emma Miller said. “Her music has allowed me to bond with my friends and accept myself as I am.”

The “Eras Tour” has had a global impact culturally as well as economically. With the new “Taylor’s Version” albums being released, such as “Speak Now” and “1989,” she has broken numerous records on major streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music. such as: Spotify, apple music, you name it. She is a role model for young women, and people all around the globe and for students here at Bridgeland.

“The amazing thing about the Eras Tour is that it’s so forward-facing, a complex pop history that’s so rich and deep and multilayered, but one that’s still being rewritten right before our eyes, week after week,” said Rolling Stone in a review.

Taylor Swift not only saved people through her music but she also is saving the economy. The “Eras Tour” is one of the highest grossing tours in history, averaging from $55 billion to $80 billion dollars, which can benefit each city she tours at.

Additionally, oOne of the biggest reasons Swift impacts society currently is because she is relatable. Her songs reveal true feelings about common situations in life that are relevant and responsive. A lot of people see themselves as a reflection of their problems and hardships they face in her lyrics.

“Taylor Swift has made me more happy and excited about my life,” senior Chloe Smith said. “It’s like she is singing my exact thoughts and feelings.”

With the “Era’s Tour Concert Film” coming out, more fans will have the chance to experience “The Eras Tour.” “The Eras Tour Concert Film” is recorded in surround sound and features almost the entire three-hour setlist, friendship bracelets, screams and tears with the illusion that you are right next to Swift. This movie has generated 100 million dollars just from presale, almost passing “Barbie” and breaking records being the highest ticket sales revenue in a single day.

“I’m excited to see people singing and dancing and to experience that night again,” Smith said. “Taylor is truly the greatest artist of our generation.”